Contributors

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Introduction - Becky

When I was young, I never thought to myself, "when I grow up I want to work in a call center", as a matter of fact when I was young, call centers didn't exist in the way we think of them today. But while I was working full time and putting myself through college to be a high school history teacher, my company introduced me to the role of corporate trainer. I found I loved working with adults, and helping them succeed in their jobs was very rewarding to me.

After I graduated, I moved back closer to home, and that's when I found my first niche in the world - as a call center trainer. Little did I know at the time, but being a call center trainer was just my first step in the call center arena. Across the last 15 years I've worked as a training manager, quality monitoring manager, operations manager, site director, client services manager, and call center consultant.

Throughout this time I've worked with small companies just getting started and very large fortune 100 groups spanning several sites and multiple countries.

I've found I greatly enjoy the call center dynamics, the fast paced and ever changing environment. I love the process of seeing where things are today, and the challenge of making things better tomorrow!

My goal through this blog to share some of my career insights and to gain some additional knowledge from my readers.

No comments: